[meteorite-list] Happy Birthday Peekskill

From: Iris Lang <rockgirl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 9 14:31:26 2004

Dear meteorite list members,

Today, October 9, 2004, is the twelfth anniversary of the infamous collision
between Michelle Knapp's Chevy Malibu (now known the world over as "The
Peekskill Meteorite Car") and a 12.3 kg stone meteorite.

The Peekskill Meteorite Car has been displayed at the American Museum of
Natural History in New York City, the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show, and in
museums in Germany, Japan, France, and Switzerland.

R.A. Langheinrich Meteorites is the proud owner of The Peekskill Meteorite
Car, as well as a significant part of the actual meteorite.

We'd like to invite you to visit our website to see a special collection of
photos of the Peekskill Meteorite Car and its journeys around the world:

http://www.nyrockman.com/peekskill.htm

Sincerely,

Iris Lang
www.nyrockman.com