[meteorite-list] General MeteoriteInterestHasIncreased100%InLastYear

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 1 14:34:33 2004

From: "Matt Morgan" <mmorgan_at_mhmeteorites.com>
This is funny since the Europeans are the only customers I have that
request Registered Mail.
Guess it depends on your perspective. I have had one registered mail
package lost and that was questionable. However I have had at least 5
unregistered packs lost.
Matt

==============
For some of You guys Poland is maybe country somewhere far far avay in the
east, but from begining of my eBay career :-) not any one parcel was lost. I
alvays send items in registered airmail and only few of them was "lost" for
a few weeks to 3 months, to at last arrive to specified addresses. One time,
verry expensive meteorite "flying" to France for 4 weeks. But this is around
2 "long distance" airmail per year. I dont know what they doing with this
letters in post offices.

I charge 3$/euro for shipping in europe and 5$ worldwide. This is near my
costs, and usualy a little more than I really pay. Buy sometimes I pay more,
for example if I need send something to Australia or Japan.
I dont know how it is in US, but here in Europe if someone sendding
something valuable he must use registered mail or just more expensive
parcels or letters where You must include that "small green slip" for
customs officers.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195