[meteorite-list] Two Slow moving meteors over NE Pennsylvania

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 1 00:57:20 2004

Any de-orbit/decay expected tonight Sep 30, 2004 over Eastern North America?

Perhaps there is a swarm in orbit-- both fireballs were very similar in
look and trajectory.

Interesting greenish color, low incandescant fireballs tonight at 8:21
and 8:27 Observed along Rt 209 in Carbon County Pennsylvania. They
were slow moving, falling east to west. The first one glowed on two
spots on the body itself after the fireball extinguished. This glow
remained visible for almost as long as the fireball portion of flight.
The observations were about 4-5 miles apart along the east west
roadway. Didn't hear any sonic booms.

(yeah ok ok I'll get around to a fireball report in time) I am
announcing this now in the event that there is a stream and someone else
gets to checkout their section of the sky.

Regards,
Elton