[meteorite-list] NWA904 Meteorite, Collection in a Slice, MAIN MASS 1, 968g

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 24 11:07:46 2004

--- "Bernhard \"Rendelius\" Rems"
<rendelius_at_rpgdot.com> wrote:
> Dean,
> most of us know the practices of the dealers and the
> nomads, I think.
> There is no way to correct the problem, though.
> Those collecting NWAs
> will have to live with it. On the other hand, we get
> nice material for a
> low price.

I agree with you on that one. I believe that we are
getting stuff at a price below what a normal market
condition would be. And the deliberate faking and
clouding of TKW is making it better for collectors -
especially on the rare stuff. For example, Lets say
that some rare meteorite genuinely only has 90 grams
TKW and should be worth $200 a gram. I am taking this
"potential Faking TKW" discount into effect in what I
am willing to pay and then I sell it at a markup from
what I bought it at meaning that the collector gets a
rare meteorite at a fraction of what it should sell
for.
Cheers
DEAN