[meteorite-list] BCC "Meteorites" [was Milestones] PLEASE READ

From: S. Ray DeRusse <srd_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 23 07:20:22 2004

Greetings List;

        I would like respond to Mr. Notkin. Mr. Notkin you prove that if you
wnat to get your facts straight you have to go to the source. Yes we did
file a lawsuit sometime back against numerous individuals when we
discovered they interfering with some others we were working with on the
meteorite project. Its a well known fact that certain individuals have
been operating against us.
        You obviously were lied to by your friend we sued. WE filed a motion to
dismiss the lawsuit after two of the defendants agreed to complete their
contracts with us. WE did it, no Judge dismissed anything. We filed a
motion to dismiss without prejudice that means we can go back at
anytime. Do you understand that? We instructed the Assistant Attorney
General to draft it up, we signed it and filed it once two of the
defendants came forward to spill the beans. We that means us Mr. Notkin.
        Now as far the samples, and being told nicely about anything. First of
all if the samples were not authentic why would UT try to steal the ones
that were in left in the lab with them? It was not until we blew the
whistle on them that this controversy began to get out of hand. If you
think that all scientists are honest and do not lie, cheat, and steal,
having same, similar or different motives, Mr. Notkin I have news for
you, you too are in living world that does not exist. I would hope that
you know the difference between a typographical error and an actual
misspelling, but for some people, thinking on their own is a lot of
work. Good luck Mr. Notkin and I really mean that.

Here's an entirely differenct viewpoint from Dirk Ross

Dear Mr. DeRusse,
   I have been doing research since 1980. But, my last
research was last year at Yamaguchi University in
Japan.
   I have read most of your writings on the internet.
You certainly are an educated person. I can
understand your wish for students and scientists to
think "outside" of the box. I agree with you on this
point. I always ask and demand my students to think
independently so that science can advance what is
known.
   I apologize for my initial judgement about you
before knowing more about the whole story. Keep up
your search for fact. About truth, I leave that for
God. Sincerely, Dirk Ross...Tokyo
The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com

S. Ray DeRusse and Bill Cutler