[meteorite-list] ET re Another fake name, serious business

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 16 20:40:25 2004

on 11/16/04 5:06 PM, Michael Fowler at mqfowler_at_mac.com wrote:
> From what I've heard so far, I'm not likely to ever take my chances on
> a dealer who does not adhere to nomcom rules.
> And equally unlikely to purchase from persons who ridicule attempts to
> keep the selling of meteorites from descending into an
> bottomless pit of unverifiable pairings and unauthorized number
> piggybacking.
> My 2 cents.
> Mike Fowler
> Chicago
--------------
Well,
        Mr. Fowler, I am strongly opposed to rape. However, I would be
extremely critical of a crowd who, upon accusation of rape, a person
were drug from his home, his hands cut off and hung to death in public
without a trial - in fact, no opportunity to say anything at all -
especially if I had known the person for over 15 years and he had ALWAYS
behaved honorably.
        Yes, I would object to the process. I would want a trial. I would
want the defendant to have representation.
        Perhaps you would perceive that as my being pro-rape? If anyone
protests a lynching, they must be advocating for the crime for which the
person is accused.....Interesting perspective.
        Sincerely, Michael