[meteorite-list] Re: Ad String

From: Steven Drummond <jesserd44_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 10 14:12:07 2004

 Hi List,
                           I am in favor of these adds on this list . As
long as one doesn't abuse the system , like posting the same add day after
day cramming their sales down our throats , I think most of the people on
this list are smart enough to know if they are interested in any given offer
without having to read about the same sale on a daily basis , and shoudn't
have to ! Just don't abuse the list that's all.
                           I have acquired some very nice pieces from these
sales posts to the list as well as sold a bit of material helping me to
recover funds paid to institutions for classifacations . In my mind
exchanging information like what is new and available is part of what this
list is all about,
Take that information away and where do you hear of the new material
available ? eBay and Pay Pal have enough of our money already ! And after
all , the list is made up of only people interested in meteorites to some
degree. Posting adds on the list can and does give the seller and the buyer
both a better deal (most of the time) .
                           And really , how hard is it to filter out these
adds if you are botherd by them or just delete them without reading them is
also another possibility :-)

            Best Regards to all , Steven Drummond