[meteorite-list] Re: Suspected Sonic Boom Heard Over England

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 9 17:03:45 2004

Yes Sterling,

I agree with you. "Sonic booms" are more often than
not produced by man-made causes, no matter how much
the aviation authorities deny that there were no
aircraft in the area.

And thanks for pointing out all the misconceptions in
this article. But I think the most glaring omission
was that there was not one mention of bolides as a
possible cause for "sonic booms".

Curious,
Bob V.