[meteorite-list] Crater question????

From: Tom AKA James Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 9 12:13:40 2004

Hello List, It seems that every meteorite made crater was first thought to
be volcanic, including the craters on the moon. We all know what Barringer
had to go through to prove meteor crater was in fact a meteor made crater.
If you compare the crater pictured in this link with the craters on page 152
in your rocks from space book, they look quite a bit a like. I am wondering
if anyone ever searched for evidence of this crater being meteoric as
apposed to volcanic? It would make a fine dinosaur killer!

hthttp://goafrica.about.com/library/gallery/afar/tanzania/blgallery-afar-tan
zania1.htm

Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><