[meteorite-list] meteorite prices

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 4 13:21:30 2004

Hello Jorn,

What dealers pay wholesale and what collectors of smaller specimens pay are
entirely different. If I purchased a stone for $2.00 per gram and offered it
intact for $3.00 per gram, fine. But, if I wanted to offer it, classified,
to all collectors, I could not offer it at the $2.00 price, I would have all
of the associated expenses involved in offering a CLASSIFIED meteorite.
Therefore, asking $5.00 a gram or more is not unexpected (just an example,
no known meteorite represented).

Best regards,

Greg