[meteorite-list] Naming problems

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 4 11:00:09 2004

Adam, why do you say NWA 801 was a fake strewnfield in Zagora? I was just
there last week, and people are still finding pieces there.
Since you want to get technical, you did buy the main mass of NWA 801 from
Jim Strope.
By your own words regarding the picrite, NWA 801 refers to that stone, it
was the first piece of CR2 bought there, and you got the largest piece of
that stone. Thus the main mass of NWA 801. I know more later came out, many
kilos. But you are demanding that your number only refer to your stone, and
that obviously paired material be given it's own number and that your number
only refers to your stone.
Why not give my stones the same treatment? You are saying that they don't
deserve it and anyone can use it for obviously paired material.
Adam, I just want uniformity. That is all.
As far as NWA 1929, again, I am not sure how you would know that I left
behind stones on that expedition? I bought the only stone I saw, got it
classified, and thus that one kilo piece is NWA 1929.
I know there is likely more material out there now, I bought some more, but
by your standards, it must be classified and given new numbers.
Mike Farmer