[meteorite-list] RE: Ad ebay meteorites

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 4 09:43:19 2004

Yes, and?

If they list the prices on their sites - then this are the prices which I'm
interesting.
If I'll go to an anticariat, there I may also get discounts on the prices on
the labels.
If you buy a used car, gosh, the seller will think, that you're not right in
brain, if you won't to try to haggle.
Go to a stamp or coin auctions - there are never paid the prices given in
the catalogue.

Such a list is good for orientation. If one has a 100% superoriented,
crusted specimen, one will tend to ask or to pay higher prices than the
average, if one has a 3 pounder, one will ask less and so on.
The best clue for that the time I spent in compiling the lists was not
wasted was, that the trade offers I got or I made, when I was the little
Martin, even more unknown as now, fitted exactly to the given average price
from my list and all parnters were content.

Miau,
says my cat.
Martin