[meteorite-list] ebay auction meteorites

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 4 08:39:04 2004

Hello Martin,

I do not keep a list of paired meteorites or possible paired meteorites.

Dhofar is no different then DaG or other like regions. I have traded more
in DaG so I could tell you some pairs in it. I have seen a few tables of
Dhofar's where you have several H5 or L6's that look a lot alike.

There have been pairing studies done in DaG, Roosvelt County and Anartica.
In all of these high collection places pairings were found to be pretty
common. Which I do not see as any problem and that was not a negative
Dhofar comment. Anyone thinking it was negative is free to send me all
their Roosevelt County meteorites. Should a pairing study be made, I think
the numbers say you will find Dhofar no different then other areas of
meteorite concentration.

The naming rules in all these areas say pretty much, unless it fits
together, it gets a different name...or number as it is. We seem to have
changed this a little to, found within a few feet, as many of the DaG's with
the same number do not fit together.

On my website you will find I have many Dhofar, DaG and other like numbered
meteorites. However, if you check the gallery, you will see in my personal
collection, I avoid like classification meteorites from regions of high
meteorite concentration.

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/photogallerymeteorites.html

Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com