[meteorite-list] what is the world standards for petrographical preparations(polarization microscopy)

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu May 27 13:03:23 2004

I am also interested in the use of "quartz" as index markers. This
isn't in any of my reference books. Are they attached to the specimen
and ground at the same time as the thin section?

Another question I have. Is there a house that specializes in
preparation? Kinda of like the $2 a carat faceting deals one can get in
Thailand?

Elton