[meteorite-list] what is the world standards for petrographical preparations(polarization microscopy)

From: Roman Davidov <rdav2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu May 27 08:16:29 2004

Dear list members. Hello.
My question is: What is the world standards for petrographical
preparations. If I'm not mistaken in English it sounds like "THIN
SECTIONS".
To be more concrete I mean: form and sizes of object glass
(width,height,thickness); type of optical glue (we are using composition
named "Canadian Balm");linear sizes of object (I'm sure that thickness
is one to all of the world - 0.003 millimeters); form and sizes of
cover glass. I need this information to make my preparations valid
for explorations in foreign scientific laboratories.
It's not commercial interest I need it only for my scientific
work.
Best regards
Roman V. Davidov.