[meteorite-list] Polymict EUC vs. HOW - NWA1109 ? (& polymict diogenites -NWA 1648)

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 26 13:41:05 2004

Adam,

I have a question along the same lines related to NWA 1648. Could you summarize the differences between a polymict diogenite (like NWA 1648) and howardites? Does a polymict diogenite have more (or just more varied) diogenite in them than the typical howardite?

I just got a thin section of NWA 1648 from Jeff Rowell and it has very little, if any, needle like plagioclase typcially seen in eucrite material. Maybe that fact alone is telling me that it is mostly diogenite?

Thanx in advance,

John