[meteorite-list] Historic collection pieces help needed

From: Horejsi Martin <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 18 17:34:23 2004

Hello All,

I am trying to track down some additional information about a piece of
the Lixna meteorite I recently received. It has three labels, of which
two seem quite old. I posted the pictures on the net at:

http://challenge.isu.edu/lixna/lixna.html

One more question, I received a nice piece of Borkut, an 1852 fall.
Some of the documentation with this piece indicated that it spent time
with someone named J. Schmutzler in the early 1990s. Does anyone have
information about this person? Any help is greatly appreciated. Here is
a net link to the Borkut piece if you are interested:

http://challenge.isu.edu/lixna/borkut.html

I also posted a couple pics of the Castalia piece I inquired about a
while ago. Again thanks to all those who provided collection
information about that one. Here's the net link:

http://challenge.isu.edu/lixna/castalia.html

Cheers,

Martin