[meteorite-list] Special Martian Meteorite Auction on 5-12

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 1 23:15:54 2004

Dear List Members,

As we continue to catalog our collection we found several duplicates of
Martian meteorites that have never been offered by us before. It was
decided if we added these different Martian meteorites to other excess
specimens from the Hupe Collection we could offer the largest variety of
unpaired Martian meteorites ever to be auctioned at one time.

It was further decided that Wednesday May 12th will be the launch date on
ebay. So far we have counted over 14 different Martian meteorites that can
be offered without affecting our main collection. Considering there are
only 31 in the world (21 in private Hands), this is a substantial
undertaking.

Some specimens are small and will be started at just 99 cents while others
will be major examples. There will be duplicates offered in some cases
giving a scalable price range to match collection budgets. All will be
priced very reasonably providing bargains for the lucky auction winners.
Planetary meteorites are in extremely high demand right now in both the
scientific and collector communities. Martian meteorites have consistently
outpaced witnessed falls the last two and a half years as far as market
value is concerned making them the best meteorite investment going right
now. While some are not at there peak value like Zagami others like Dhofar
378 have tripled in value. Hopefully this up and coming auction will help
to fill a few voids in some collections. We are mentioning this auction
ahead of schedule so that those interested in planetary meteorites can
research their needs in time to make an informed purchasing decision.

Wishing everybody the best,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock