[meteorite-list] Ebay THIN SECTIONS Sale

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:54 2004

Dean,

I thought you were an honest but misinformed dealer but have reconsidered
after all of the false statements made in your last postings. If you are
going to make up garbage, please spell our name correctly. You have no
contacts in common with us in Morocco, Mauritania or the Western Sahara so I
do not have a clue to what you are talking about. The Moroccan half of team
LunarRock does not even know who you are so how could you be getting
material from them? The answer is simple, you are not.

Be careful about lying because we are not bidding against you on anything in
Morocco or anywhere else. We are not interested in pursuing items in common
with you. Some pairings show up from time to time but you would not know
because you do not even bother with classifications. I do not even believe
you maintain a collection so I guess it is all about making a few bucks for
you regardless of scientific value.

You claim our stuff is overpriced yet most of our auctions start at just 99
cents. We donate kilos of NWA material to institutions for free, doesn't
get much cheaper than that. The rare occasion that we sell bulk
unclassified specimens to the public they are priced 25% less than what you
charge. You do not polish your material so you have no preparation time
invested. You have no polishing loses making well prepared specimens a
bargain by comparison.

I did not name NWA 1836 the "Twisted Sister" and have never used this term
in the promotion of any items so you are barking up the wrong tree.

As far as your thin-sections go, let your images speak for themselves. If I
see something that I do not believe is correct I am not afraid to point it
out. I think this will be the last posting regarding this subject, as well.

All the best,

Adam