[meteorite-list] AD:Not a happy 'Campo'

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:48 2004

Bob,

'Methylated Spirits' (at least in the UK) is available in every hardware
store, used to fuel burners and heaters and clean glass etc (not to be
confused with Kerosene), I am not sure what it is called in the US,
maybe 'denatured Alcohol' which is another term for it. If you can get
hold of pure Alcohol (Ethanol would be best, available from Lab supply
firms) this would be far better, but over here we have to pay
extortionate sales Tax on it! - so it's far cheaper to Methylated
Spirits if your going to soak a large piece.=20

Regards,
Mark Ford