[meteorite-list] GPS Recommendations

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:48 2004

Hi John and List,

I use both a Garmin and a Magellan and like them both. I use the Magellan
more often because the batteries last longer, it seems to lock in quicker
and I can download/upload data to my computer. I purchased a cheaper Garmin
because I misplaced the Magellan so it isn't really a fair comparison
because I am comparing a cheaper model Garmin to a top-of-the-line Magellan.
I am sure if I purchased the more expensive Garmin I would be just as
pleased. Both are very good units so I guess it depends on what you are
familiar with.

All the best,

Adam