[meteorite-list] Mr. X wants an apology!!!!

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:47 2004

Hi Tom,
        For the most part, I have always enjoyed your posts. While your
post re O Richard Norton's books was unfortunate, it was no disaster.
        That being said, I would like to point out a couple of things for
you to consider rather than running off in a huff:
1) All of this would have been far less dramatic had you left private
    emails private. Period.
2) Why on earth would you want to give away your power to three
    other people? (or one, or a million?)
        If you don't like what these people are saying to you, delete their
messages. Why empower what they have to say? Take what is useful
(there were some useful bits of feedback there, however inhospitably
they may or may not have been given) and toss the rest.
        If you insist on leaving, that is your choice. Just be aware it is
you who is making that choice. Whatever you do, however, please
don't bring this to the list again. You don't like their negativity - what
on earth would lead you to believe exposing hundreds of others to it
is a good idea? If you want to continue to give them power and engage
in said struggle, please do it with private emails.
        Whatever you decide to do, remember it is YOU who are making
the decisions. No one can "make you" leave the list, respond to their
emails - or even read their emails.
        Best wishes, Michael