[meteorite-list] Former Astronaut Glenn Criticizes Chimp Space Plan

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:46 2004

John, Randy and others,

I too am not a big fan of politics on the list but in this case we have an opinion from someone, John Glenn, who feels the proposed program for NASA is off based. He offers up good questions.

1. Should we limit funds for important research that is already in the works?
2. Do we need to go to the moon first before a Mars trip is possible?

Both good questions, can we/will we resolve on the list...no. But a discussion of this type is certainly worthy of a few comments when compared to some of the other nonsense we have posted.

Randy...I think it is the "chimp" reference to the President in the subject line that gets folks worked up.

John