[meteorite-list] Former Astronaut Glenn Criticizes Chimp Space Plan

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:46 2004

--part1_77.2391edfe.2d7a1169_boundary

Hi John,

Just to add my 2 centavos that I agree with all the substance of your
message: let me add a possible tweak on the first statement...

Rather than a "double standard," ever consider it might be more of a "twin
stage addiction" of a sort. Some (or many) members can't do without their
meteoritic hits. So when it is quiet, a "You've Got Mail" "meteorite-list" message
from a meteorite person in the mailbox is enough to elicit the desired result
no matter what the message says, and thus by association: meteorite! But the
flip side is once the particular hit dosage becomes physiologically
homeostatic, the the other Freudian functions of sometimes diverse list members kick
in. Similar problems with side effects (diarrhea and vomiting, for example) to
the problems pharma companies have in designing a one-dose-fits all product.
(This present message couldn't be harder on bandwidth than the other
bah-ha-uh-muah-caca, could it?)

Saludos
Doug

En un mensaje con fecha 03/05/2004 10:11:38 AM Mexico Standard Time,
jkg_at_theriver.com escribe:

> It seems that this list suffers from a double standard from time to
> time. Personally, I think that issues pertaining to the USA space program
> deserve more bandwidth and attention on this list than threads like
> "uhuhuhuhuh" and the like. If you want to enforce the letter of Art's
> laws, most of Ron Baalke's posts shouldn't appear here, after all, what do
> Mars probes have to do with meteorites? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy
> Baalke's posts and hope they continue to appear on this forum.
> As caustic as Randy can be at times I think he makes a good point on this
> issue. I'd much rather toss his subject around for a few days instead of
> watching Round 75 of the meteorite ego wars or read one more theory about
> the evolution of a nonsensical word.

--part1_77.2391edfe.2d7a1169_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hi John,<BR>
<BR>
Just to add my 2 centavos that I agree with all the substance of your messag=
e: let me add a possible tweak on the first statement... <BR>
<BR>
Rather than a "double standard," ever consider it might be more of a "twin s=
tage addiction" of a sort.&nbsp; Some (or many) members can't do without the=
ir meteoritic hits.&nbsp; So when it is quiet, a "You've Got Mail" "meteorit=
e-list" message from a meteorite person in the mailbox is enough to elicit t=
he desired result no matter what the message says, and thus by association:=20=
meteorite!&nbsp; But the flip side is once the particular hit dosage becomes=
 physiologically homeostatic, the the other Freudian functions of sometimes=20=
diverse list members kick in.&nbsp; Similar problems with side effects (diar=
rhea and vomiting, for example) to the problems pharma companies have in des=
igning a one-dose-fits all product.&nbsp; (This present message couldn't be=20=
harder on bandwidth than the other bah-ha-uh-muah-caca, could it?)<BR>
<BR>
Saludos<BR>
Doug<BR>
<BR>
En un mensaje con fecha 03/05/2004 10:11:38 AM Mexico Standard Time, jkg_at_the=
river.com escribe:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">It seems that this list suffers=
 from a double standard from time to <BR>
time.&nbsp; Personally, I think that issues pertaining to the USA space prog=
ram <BR>
deserve more bandwidth and attention on this list than threads like <BR>
"uhuhuhuhuh" and the like.&nbsp; If you want to enforce the letter of Art's=20=
<BR>
laws, most of Ron Baalke's posts shouldn't appear here, after all, what do <=

Mars probes have to do with meteorites? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy <BR>
Baalke's posts and hope they continue to appear on this forum.<BR>
As caustic as Randy can be at times I think he makes a good point on this <B=

issue.&nbsp; I'd much rather toss his subject around for a few days instead=20=
of <BR>
watching Round 75 of the meteorite ego wars or read one more theory about <B=

the evolution of a nonsensical word.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_77.2391edfe.2d7a1169_boundary--