[meteorite-list] Meteorites / Mining Claims

From: thornysahuaro <thornysahuaro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:44 2004

--0-1732832684-1078170872=:89084

Tom, Sonny, and list;

Technically, I guess you are right Tom. However, it is not wise to encourage anyone search for meteorites on an active mining claim. I hold two gold claims and I tend to become annoyed if I see someone picking up rocks or searching with a metal detector.
I'm pretty mellow and would only ask them search elsewhere, but not all miners will react this way. I've always been taught to respect claims as if they were private property.
Art
Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_frontiernet.net> wrote:
A gold claim can not claim a meteorite, if they try to say it is theirs BLM
will pull their claim from them! Also you can not get a meteorite claim. So
hunt away, if anyone says anything, report them to BLM!!!
Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><
IMCA #6168
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 9:08 AM
Subject: [meteorite-list] Meteorites / Mining Claims

> Hi List,
>
> I would like to know if you are allowed to hunt for meteorites on mining
> claims. If one is
>
> found, who owns the meteorite, The finder or the claim owner?
>
> Thanks,.
>
> Sonny

--0-1732832684-1078170872=:89084

<DIV>
<DIV>Tom, Sonny, and list;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Technically, I guess you are right Tom. However, it is not wise to encourage anyone search for meteorites on an active mining claim.&nbsp; I hold two gold claims and I tend to become annoyed if I see someone picking up rocks or searching with a metal detector.</DIV>
<DIV>I'm pretty mellow and would only ask them search elsewhere, but not all miners will react this way.&nbsp; I've always been taught to respect claims as if they were private property.</DIV>
<DIV>Art&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><B><I>Tom aka James Knudson &lt;knudson911_at_frontiernet.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">A gold claim can not claim a meteorite, if they try to say it is theirs BLM<BR>will pull their claim from them! Also you can not get a meteorite claim. So<BR>hunt away, if anyone says anything, report them to BLM!!!<BR>Thanks, Tom<BR>peregrineflier &lt;&gt;&lt;<BR>IMCA #6168<BR>----- Original Message -----<BR>From: <WAHLPERRY_at_AOL.COM><BR>To: <METEORITE-LIST@METEORITECENTRAL.COM><BR>Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 9:08 AM<BR>Subject: [meteorite-list] Meteorites / Mining Claims<BR><BR><BR>&gt; Hi List,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; I would like to know if you are allowed to hunt for meteorites on mining<BR>&gt; claims. If one is<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; found, who owns the meteorite, The finder or the claim owner?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Thanks,.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Sonny<BR>&gt;<BR><BR><BR>______________________________________________<BR>Meteorite-list mailing