[meteorite-list] Rants

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 22 23:32:17 2004

Hi Mark,
        I am surprized no one answered your actual question:
Yes, there are rules and you can look them up at Meteorite
Central where you signed up for the list to begin with.
However, here they are:
1. Posts need to relate -in some way- to meteorites
2. Be courteous and professional at all times
3. Do not post -private messages- or -personal attacks- to the list
4. Please include the 'subject' of the post in the subject box
5. Send emails in text format, not -HTML-
6. Do not send emails with -file attachments- to the list - include a
        file link
7. Make sure you can back up statements with -facts and references-
8. Do not post -major advertisement- emails to the list - include a
       'sale' link
9. If you are posting a URL for a sale, include 'SALE' in the subject box
at hand had pulled on other list members and the fact that he had been
removed from the list for repeated and severe violation of the above rules
and then merely re-signed up using another email address. In addition, he
manipulated the web sites of others (according to his own claims) so,
apparently a number of people on the list felt it was just TOO MUCH to
hear him complain of someone doing to him what he has been doing to
others for quite some time - so, that is why you probably didn't get the
list of rules, but rather commentary on his behavior.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
"It is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a
democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the
bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they
are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."
- Hermann Goering
--
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" I think he probably
meant don't kill them.
           Anonymous
--
For perspective, try THIS:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html
--
cool message fro Ben & Jerry:
www.TrueMajority.org/oreo
--
AMAZING photos of Aurora Borealis, etc.
http://faculty.rmwc.edu/tmichalik/atmosphere.htm
--
Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--