[meteorite-list] Meteorite Fall Rates

From: minador <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 16 22:27:05 2004

Hi List,

I agree with Walter on both points. I would throw "more meteorite
awareness" in with the increase in population density. Does that sound
reasonable?

However, just because there is a lack of sample data, that doesn't mean
there can't be a true increase of fall rate. I sometimes think that solar
system is seen more static that it truly is. For instance, it's easy to
talk about collisions now that we witnessed Shoemaker-Levy 9 smack into
Jupiter. At least perhaps with novices like me. I'm sure scientist have
been warning of such events for a long time now.

This is a really interesting discussion. I hope a lot of you have time to
write some comments...

Mark Bowling