[meteorite-list] OT: Transit of Venus

From: Bob King <lakewind_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 8 10:33:53 2004

Got the chance to see the lovely transit but just barely. Woke up to
overcast and thunderstorms. A look at the GOES 12 infrared photo
revealed a possible opening in northern Minnesota so I got my younger
daughter up and we took off. We drove 90 miles north until we 'pushed'
the clouds away and got to see most of the transit to the chirping of
birds and buzzing of mosquitos. Venus was large and dark against the
sun and as it left the solar disk we could follow its shape part-way
beyond the sun's limb. Very enjoyable event!
Bob