[meteorite-list] Warning About Libyan Desert Glass Artifacts

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 8 10:09:26 2004

Dear Keith,
I have a question....are you calling Libyan desert glass "specimens" as
we all know them, (melted fused glassy sand).....are you calling these
"artifact"?
 I have not seen these Libyan desert glass artifacts......just the
specimens. I have never heard them addressed as "artifacts" in the past.
 Could you provide us an example of the terminology of which
you/authorities speak?
Confused and fused,
Dave Freeman