[meteorite-list] FW: Re: possible fireball in Portugal

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jun 5 13:59:48 2004

-------------- Forward Message ----------------

Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:25:03 +0200
From: "Marco Langbroek" <marco.langbroek_at_wanadoo.nl>
To: "Global Meteor Observing Forum"
<meteorobs_at_meteorobs.org>

Subject: Re: possible fireball in Portugal

Hello Tony and others,

There is a picture (and thanks to Jose Campos for
pointing me to it!) apparently showing the object on
<http://sic.sapo.pt/index.php?article=873&visual=3&area_id=5>

Unfortunately the vido refuses to load when I try.

The picture shows a comet-like object; which to me is
strongly reminiscent of the pictures I have seen of
manouvring satellites.
However, that does not explain the radar detections
pointing to something with aircraft speeds &
altitudes.

If this picture indeed shows the object, then the
Iridium flare hypothesis
clearly is out of the question too.

- Marco