[meteorite-list] FW: Re: possible fireball in Portugal - update

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 4 13:41:33 2004

--------------- Forward Message ---------------

Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 18:55:24 +0400
From: "Andrei Ol'khovatov" <olkhov_at_mail.ru>
To: "Global Meteor Observing Forum"
<meteorobs_at_meteorobs.org>

Subject: Re: possible fireball in Portugal - update

It looks like "airplane associated" indeed. Airplane's
contrails illuminated by sun?
The only strange thing is that (if I correctly
understand) the Portuguese AirForce completely failed
to indentify them as airplanes... Just a large
airplane with transponder etc. can cruise at 12 km
altitude. Maybe some confusing, misunderstanding, etc.
I hope that Paulo will update on the development.

Best,
Andrei Ol'khovatov