[meteorite-list] q on storing micromounts

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 23 12:26:01 2004

I think http://www.freewebs.com/fordmeteorites/Box%20rust.jpg

Says it all!
Now tell me storing minerals in cheap Chloride based foam is good!?

==========
Yes, its terrible.
But do not want from me photo of holes in the membrane from the big Membrane
boxes. Rust from meteorite make a few holes in membrane.....

So, I think that if meteorite will rust, It will rust in riker, in acrylic
box with or without sponge, in vacum container or where You put it. If You
have rusted meteorites in boxes with sponge its not ALL specimens stored
that way but only a few, so this is not proof that this happend becouse
there is sponge or not.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195