[meteorite-list] antartic meteorites

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:03 2004

--part1_2d.38b42fe9.2d3b2f86_boundary

Thanks Tracy,

I'll try not to be so mouse trigger happy with questions that are mostly
known, next time , and read ALL of the posts on the list, even if 50 arrive in one
day, like this time. I appreciate your confirmation, though.

I can see why this subject is probably a can of worms best not to slice ones
fingers on...

This may be dated material, but it was an excellent discussion, though no
doubt a conservative viewpoint regarding the ever changing definition of "in the
name of science."

http://www.scar.org/Treaty/CEP%20III%20Papers/WP%20Meteorites.html

Hopefully ALL hunters in the Antarctic can work responsibility into their
plans and everyone could be happy. And I have some swampland in Antarctica to
sell if you believe that:)

Saludos
Doug Dawn
Mexico

En un mensaje con fecha 01/17/2004 6:26:56 PM Mexico Standard Time,
daistiho_at_hotmail.com escribe:

> Asunto: Re: [meteorite-list] antartic meteorites
> Fecha: 01/17/2004 6:26:56 PM Mexico Standard Time
> De: daistiho_at_hotmail.com
> CC: meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
> Enviado por Internet
>

> I have two Antarctic meteorites in my collection. Both of them were
> collected before countries signed the accord declaring that private
> individuals could not own Antarctic meteorites, so they were 'grandfathered'
>
> in. If you buy meteorites collected before then, they are legal to own.
>
> Tracy Latimer
>

> >Does Uncle Sam allow Antarctic material to be sold, or is that like
> >trafficking in endangered species? What is the deal with that,
> >anyways...I've never
> >seen any, but then again, I haven't seen much...Doug

--part1_2d.38b42fe9.2d3b2f86_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Thanks Tracy,<BR>
<BR>
I'll try not to be so mouse trigger happy with questions that are mostly kno=
wn, next time , and read ALL of the posts on the list, even if 50 arrive in=20=
one day, like this time.&nbsp; I appreciate your confirmation, though.&nbsp;=
 <BR>
<BR>
I can see why this subject is probably a can of worms best not to slice ones=
 fingers on...<BR>
<BR>
This may be dated material, but it was an excellent discussion, though no do=
ubt a conservative viewpoint regarding the ever changing definition of "in t=
he name of science." <BR>
<BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://www.scar.org/Treaty/CEP%20III%20Papers/WP%20Meteorites.htm=
l">http://www.scar.org/Treaty/CEP%20III%20Papers/WP%20Meteorites.html</A><BR=

<BR>
Hopefully ALL&nbsp; hunters in the Antarctic can work responsibility into th=
eir plans and everyone could be happy.&nbsp; And I have some swampland in An=
tarctica to sell if you believe that:)<BR>
<BR>
Saludos<BR>
Doug Dawn<BR>
Mexico<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
En un mensaje con fecha 01/17/2004 6:26:56 PM Mexico Standard Time, daistiho=
_at_hotmail.com escribe:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Asunto: <B>Re: [meteorite-list]=
 antartic meteorites </B><BR>