[meteorite-list] Flat Laps & diamond blades - questions

From: PolandMET.com <PolandMET.com_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:58 2004

Hello
I want to ask if someone use this flat laps offered by this seller.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2200269698&category=4843
I dont know which grid will be better for grinding met. slices. 180 or maybe 600 ? I know
that grid 180 will be propably fast, but also leave deep scratches on grinded surface, so
maybe for this kind of work suffuce grid 280 or 600? Maybe someone use similar items and
can send me opinion.

This seller have also some nice diamond blades.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2214232047&category=4843
But 10" blade is only 0.032" thin (0.8mm) so I dont know if this is not too thin for that
big blade. Someone have idea how flexible is this kind of blades ?
Ofcourse I want to use them for chondrites and from time to time on irons (Dronino arrived
tooday :).
All the time I using old blades made in USSR (20-25 years old but still in excelenc
condition), but now I want to test something new.

Thanks for all sugestions.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195