[meteorite-list] Spanish fireball trajectory

From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:58 2004

> Accoridng some info broadcasted tonite on french TV the bolide was seen
from
> East N East to West S West approx from Protugal then above Madrid heading
> toward the mediterraneen sea.
> A wonderfull fire amateur movie showed the bolide.

Some caution is in order here. The maps shown in the news probably merely
show the distribution of sighting locations (which is influenced by a.o.
weather), not the trajectory. The video from Leon probably is looking away
from the sun (sunlit wall with shadow visible), probably north-northeast,
and in
this video it should move to the right if the trajectory shown on the news
maps is correct. Yet in the video it moves at a ~ 45 degree angle to the
left, not the right. This is only possible for someone north of the
trajectory looking south if the directions given in the news would be
correct: but that cannot be given the shadow & sunlight on the appartement
building in the
video.

I found the fireball on the video to move rather fast, so I doubt whether
there are any meteorites.

- Marco

------
Marco Langbroek