[meteorite-list] Re: Scientists Find Mars Met. (NWA 1950)

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:57 2004

--------------080509010703090602020509

Yes, Doug,

you have right... Itīs just funny to have a bit more "philosophic"
view time to time. If we follow the same logic a bit further, we
all are the dust from Solar nebula, as you say, and because our
Sun is a second-generation star, it seems, we all are material
from the same supernova explosion...and so on until the singularity...

Well, think in this way I was none the wiser for it, so perhaps itīs
better to aggree, the Earth is the Earth and the Moon is the Moon,
and a binary planetary system, as you say.

Know, the too "philosophic" attitude can easily lead me to the nice,
round,
padded room. Perhaps this have something to do with the origin of the
word lunatic...;-

And in fact I have spent quite a lot of time and money for my collection,
so it doesnīt feel very nice to think it just as an ordinary dust, but
in fact
couldnīt help that. The logical result of this seems to be, Iīm collecting
dust...hmmm, perhaps a time to buy a new vacuum-cleaner...;-

take care,

pekka s

--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND
+ 358 400 818 912
Group Home Page: http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eurocoin
Group Email Address: eurocoin_at_smartgroups.com
--------------080509010703090602020509
<head>
</head>
Yes, Doug,<br>
you have right... &nbsp; It&acute;s just funny to have a bit more "philosophic" <br>
view time to time. If we follow the same logic a bit further, we<br>
all are the dust from Solar nebula, as you say, and because our <br>
Sun is a second-generation star, it seems, we all are material<br>
from the same supernova explosion...and so on until the singularity...<br>
Well, think in this way I was none the wiser for it, so perhaps it&acute;s<br>
better to aggree, the Earth is the Earth and the Moon is the Moon,<br>
and a binary planetary system, as you say.<br>
Know, the too "philosophic" attitude can easily lead me&nbsp; to the nice, round,
padded room. &nbsp;Perhaps this have something to do with the origin of the <br>
word lunatic...;-<br>
And in fact I have spent quite a lot of time and money for my collection,<br>
so it doesn&acute;t feel very nice to think it just as an ordinary dust, but in
fact<br>
couldn&acute;t help that. The logical result of this seems to be, I&acute;m collecting<br>
dust...hmmm, perhaps a time to buy a new vacuum-cleaner...;-<br>
take care,<br>
pekka s<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:MexicoDoug_at_aol.com">MexicoDoug@aol.com</a> wrote:<br>
Hello Pekka, <br>
 Perhaps Copernicus didn't go far enough...&nbsp; :)<br>
 If you want to go into the details, you will also find at the moment it
is also more correct to call the Moon-Earth System is a binary Planetary
system, and Luna a Planetoid, not a "Meteoroid", so we are just the third
"rocks" in plural from the Sun.&nbsp; So a meteorite from the Moon is no more
significant than a handful of dirt from Finland sent to Australia, although
I guess Suomen Posti Oy's rate might be a bit higher.<br>
 I remind you that the oldest of a few Apollo sample Moon rocks have been
dated to nearly 4.5 billion years old, and Allende is considered to be 4.56
billion years old.<br>
 On the other hand following the logic we can consider other protoplanetary
impact events, and we are mostly part of the Solar nebula, so we would all
be Solar meteoroids, and that includes that freckled runt, Jupiter...<br>
 Anyway, you are right, without the phases of the Moon it would be unfortunate
to have it land in the back yard...<br>
 Saludos<br>
 Doug Dawn<br>
 Mexico<br>