[meteorite-list] New to List: Intro

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:57 2004

--part1_77.1fd2b155.2d29e844_boundary

In a message dated 1/4/2004 6:00:34 AM Mountain Standard Time,
libawc_at_emory.edu writes:

> I just joined this list a couple of days ago and am thrilled to be a
> part of it.
> I came to love meteorites through the back door you might say. I have
> always loved rocks and minerals, dabbled a bit in fossils and then found
> my truest love of all: meteorites.
> What I find so fascinating about meteorites, and I'm sure you'll all
> agree, is the stories they have to tell. Knowing where they came from in
> space is pretty cool, but knowing the stories they tell once they land
> makes them fascinating even to a newbie like me. Two such stories come
> immediately to mind: Peekskill and Valera.
> I only have 32 meteorites in my collection right now, but I certainly
> hope to add more as time goes by. I don't have to have the best piece,
> or the biggest. The fact that I own it at all is plenty good enough for
> me!
> I hope I can make contributions to this list with my limited
> knowledge. If nothing else, my enthusiasm should win the day!

Another Woman!!! Great!

We are a small but growing minority on this List. And we don't let those guys
intimidate us. Every now and then they get noisy so you have to threaten them
with a rolled newspaper. Or the Delete key.
Don't hesitate to ask questions, and tell us what you think.

Anne M. Black
www. IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
IMCA #2356

--part1_77.1fd2b155.2d29e844_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>In a message=20=