[meteorite-list] OT; Italian mafia and the mail?

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:29 2004

I use to send from (and receive in) Belgium and France to (from) USA,
parcels containing "geological" samples (minerals, meteorites,
impactites...) since more than 25 years.=20
It never took more than about ONE week (in agreement to what said Anne).

I use "small parcels" (less than 1 kg) as this is cheaper, but larger are as
fast, just a little more expensive.

I send simply "by air mail", NEVER insured (this considerably slows down the
delivery!) and (very important!) put on the green tag for customs:
"geological" or "rock" samples (for meteorites, tektites, impactites..) or
"minearlogical samples" (for crystallized minerals)=20
"for study (or, sometimes: "as gift"), with no commercial value"
.
Parcels are never open, even if they are sent to my private home, not to my
research lab.

I reckon that from France or Belgium to...Italy, it may take sometimes (but
not so often) longer...

Zelimir

At 21:50 26/02/04 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 2/26/2004 7:41:27 PM Mountain Standard Time,=20
>ltcrose_at_bellsouth.net writes:
>

>> I sent a package to Belgium and it took almost 2 months to get to the=
 buyer.
>> You should have seen all the threats and nasty- grams I got from that=
 one!!
>> And this was the second one I sent.
>>=20
>> Rosie
>>=20
>
>I send packages to France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland very often.
>I always send them by Global Priority Mail and they take an average of one=
=20
>week to get there. And no problem (Except for the one that made a detour=
 thru=20
>Australia before going to Austria! Not everybody knows the difference,=20
>apparently!!! ) :-)
>=20
>Anne M. Black
>www. IMPACTIKA.com
>IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
>IMCA #2356
><HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>In a message=
 dated
2/26/2004 7:41:27 PM Mountain Standard Time, ltcrose_at_bellsouth.net writes:
><BR>
><BR>
><BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3DCITE style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid;
MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I sent a package to
Belgium and it took almost 2 months to get to the buyer.
><BR>You should have seen all the threats and nasty- grams I got from that=
 one!!
><BR>And this was the second one I sent.
><BR>
><BR>Rosie
><BR></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff"=
 style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial"=
 LANG=3D"0"></BLOCKQUOTE>
><BR></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff"=
 style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=

><BR>I send packages to France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland very often.
><BR>I always send them by Global Priority Mail and they take an average of
one week to get there. And no problem (Except for the one that made a detour
thru Australia before going to Austria! &nbsp;Not everybody knows the
difference, apparently!!! ) &nbsp;:-)
><BR>=20
><BR>Anne M. Black
><BR>www. IMPACTIKA.com
><BR>IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
><BR>IMCA &nbsp;#2356</FONT></HTML>

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Groupe S=E9curit=E9 et Ecologie Chimiques (GSEC) - ENSCMu
3, rue A. Werner
F-68093 MULHOUSE Cedex, FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 94
FAX: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 15