[meteorite-list] Survival after a large impact event (Delete if you don`t wish to know)

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:28 2004

--0-334337868-1077806520=:90257

Dear List Members,
       Survival of such event for most of the "civilized" world will suddenly become impossible. Imagine no food, water, heat, communications, transportation, and etc. Only those in the so-called third world will have the best chance at survival. The average person in most countries does not have the ability to grow food, use tools or make shelter, let alone survive the "shock and awe" (I hate to use the words of tyrants.) of such a global event. Suddenly most of the world will be in the dark, cold and starving.
     Suddenly the world with "backward" and "uneducated" lifestyles will have a better advantage to survive than the elite of the world. Peoples in sparsely populated areas and living as hunter-gatherers will have the highest probability of survival followed by low technology agriculturalists. Both upper northern latitudes and lower southern latitudes will be thrown into deep freeze. Acid rain and dust will rain for months.
     Such a happy future to be a dinosaur. Man will finally be humbled; but some life will continue certainly different as we know it now.
     NO GOVERNMENT in its right mind would give advance warning even if scientists do detect the object in time. So far, our best science is not even near early detection and even if it were there would be no plus gain.
    Modern technology will not be the savior of mankind that it appears, nor will capitalism or any conventional system; it will be mans' downfall.
    Sorry for the burden of knowing for those that didn`t want to know. I will take my meditation now. Sincerely, Dirk Ross....Japan

--0-334337868-1077806520=:90257

<DIV>
<DIV>Dear List Members,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Survival of such event for most of the "civilized" world will suddenly become&nbsp;impossible.&nbsp; Imagine&nbsp;no food, water, heat, communications, transportation, and etc.&nbsp; Only those in the so-called third world will have the best chance at survival.&nbsp; The average person in most countries does not have the ability to grow food, use tools or make shelter, let alone survive the "shock and awe" (I hate to use the words of tyrants.) of such a global event.&nbsp; Suddenly most of the world will be in the dark, cold and starving.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Suddenly the world with "backward" and "uneducated" lifestyles will have a better advantage to survive than the elite of the world.&nbsp; Peoples in sparsely populated areas and living as hunter-gatherers will have the highest probability of survival followed by low technology agriculturalists.&nbsp;&nbsp; Both upper northern latitudes and lower southern latitudes will be thrown into deep freeze.&nbsp;&nbsp; Acid rain and dust will rain for months.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Such a happy future to be a dinosaur.&nbsp; Man will finally be humbled; but&nbsp;some life will continue certainly different as we know it now.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; NO GOVERNMENT in its right mind would give advance warning even if scientists do detect the object in time.&nbsp; So far, our best science is not even near early detection and even if it were there would be no plus gain.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Modern technology will not be the savior of mankind that it appears, nor will capitalism or any conventional system; it will be mans' downfall.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sorry for the burden of knowing for those that didn`t want to know.&nbsp; I will take my meditation now.&nbsp; Sincerely, Dirk Ross....Japan</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>