[meteorite-list] Scientists came within minutes of warning about asteroid impact..

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:28 2004

... They rekon the body was actually (after further observation) 0.5km
across, I would suspect that a body that size would vaporize a major
city without too much effort!=20

As for not telling the populus, I have mixed feelings about that, as I
said I don't know if there is much we could do (other than prepare an
emergency plan) the thing to do is watch the stock market and see when
Donald Rumsfeld buys construction shares... :) - then panic.

Te he.

Mark Ford