[meteorite-list] NWA1836 (provisional)"The Twisted Sister"

From: nelson oakes <pinwalla_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:28 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3FBD7.B82FD9F0

Dear List, Originally I purchased a stone, obviously cut from a mass =
supposedly a Eucrite. After depositing more than the required amount as =
type sample the stone was analyzed by NAU and a prominent scientist =
dubbed it the "Twisted Sister", due to the contortions and convolutions =
within the stone, very unusual indeed. It is a stellar meteorite. The =
weight given was the 505 plus grams that I purchased (and received) by =
mail. Over a year later a package was delivered to me from a known =
collector with the other portion of this single stone. This singularity =
was obvious since the "halves" matched precisely. I immediately weighed =
this new piece and reported the weights to NAU. The "newly obtained" =
half was indeed the main mass and weighs 596.77 grams. TKW ca. 1100 =
grams. Single stone. To my knowledge, and I've checked with a few =
prominent scientists and they agree, there is NO STONE analyzed and =
paired to "The Sister". There may be another Eucrite that looks somewhat =
like it (after all it's a Eucrite!), but there's only one "Sister". =
Thanks Nels
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3FBD7.B82FD9F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear List, Originally I purchased a =
stone,=20
obviously cut from a mass supposedly a Eucrite. After depositing more =
than the=20
required amount as type sample the stone was analyzed by NAU and a =
prominent=20
scientist dubbed it the "Twisted Sister", due to the contortions and=20
convolutions within the stone, very unusual indeed. It is a stellar =
meteorite.=20
The weight given was the 505 plus grams that I purchased (and received) =
by mail.=20
Over a year later a package was delivered to me from a known collector =
with the=20
other portion of this single stone. This singularity was obvious since =
the=20
"halves" matched precisely. I immediately weighed this new piece=20
and&nbsp;reported the weights to NAU. The "newly obtained" half was =
indeed the=20
main mass and weighs 596.77 grams. TKW ca. 1100 grams. Single stone. To =
my=20
knowledge, and I've checked with a few prominent scientists and they =
agree,=20
there is NO STONE analyzed and paired to "The Sister". There may be =
another=20
Eucrite that looks somewhat like it (after all it's a Eucrite!), but =
there's=20
only one "Sister". Thanks Nels</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3FBD7.B82FD9F0--