[meteorite-list] Ensisheim meeting 2004

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:27 2004

Hello List,

Now that Tucson is over and that most of you had there good times,
passionate debates, rewarding purchases or trades and much fun as well (yes,
I read and enjoyed all the related posts with memories and photos), let me
remind you another such meeting currently held in Europe since 2000:=20
Ensisheim meteorite show.

Many of you asked questions about the next (5th in a row) edition to be held
in June 2004. This includes the specific recent inquiries of Nick Gessler,
Bob Haag from the US, those from a few of our traditional customers from
South America, and also those received from many of you from elsewhere in
the world, including the close European countries.

The answer is just simple:=20
YES, for sure, it will be held again, .
More specifically on Saturday June 19 and Sunday June 20, (thus again the
week-end before the famousnearby mineral show of Ste Marie aux Mines).

We had some technical problems for finalizing the circular in time and
including it on, among others, the web site of "Meteorite" as again kindly
agreed by Joel Schiff. This will be done soon and more info will appear in
the next issue of the journal (end of March) and in the traditional "diary
of events" of the appropriate journals.
The circular will be also sent to all the former active participants
(dealers) and also to potential visitors, provided we have their mail
addresses. Just feel free to ask me and/or to send me specific inquiries.

I can precise so far that, along with the traditional "meteorite, tektite
and impactite activities", the theme this year will be "French Meteorites"
with appropriate lectures and an exhibit of some of the most showy or
historically significant meteorite samples from France, coming from a couple
of private collections (still under finalization).

In 2004, we also celebrate the 20iest Anniversary of the Ensisheim
Meteorite Confraternity foundation and this event will be particularly
enlightened through various funny or interesting "side activities" (always
related, to some extent, to meteorites).

Although almost all the past dealers already expressed their willing to
attend again but, needless to say, newcomers are also very welcome. Please
proceed not too late with table reservations (same conditions as in 2003),
because, as usually, we want again to restrict the table space (sales) for
an optimum dealers/visitors ratio.=20

All of you are warmly expected here, to visit, to stay or simply to show up.
Send me possibly your requests for being put on my mailing list for any
further information.

Sorry if this information comes relatively late for some of you. Be just
sure that, if you find a possibility to come, this next meeting is presumed
to be particularly rewarding in any aspect.

All the best to all,

Zelimir
Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Groupe S=E9curit=E9 et Ecologie Chimiques (GSEC) - ENSCMu
3, rue A. Werner
F-68093 MULHOUSE Cedex, FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 94
FAX: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 15