[meteorite-list] the mad mad mad mad Canadian

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:25 2004

I can sue you AND win (if you dont provide a defense to the court) because I
didnt like the shirt you wore the day of the auction in tucson. ANYONE and
sue ANYONE for ANYTHING, however, and this is a big however, most
jurisdictions in the us have statutes that make the plaintif liable for the
defendant's costs if it is found that his charges are frivilous (there goes
my chance of suing over your choice of auctioning aparel). In my state, the
plantif AND his attorney are equally liable for the defendant's costs if a
suit is judged frivilous, just to make sure that attorneys think twice
before filing suit.

In realitiy, most threats of legal action are nothing more than hot air, but
if push came to shove, I'm sure it would be an interesting trial to watch on
court TV.... i dont think i have ever seen expert witnesses testify about
meteorites of slag made by martians before, one episode of the x-files not
withstanding.