[meteorite-list] shatter cone help?

From: Matt Morgan <mmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:24 2004

Hi Tom:
My personal opinion is that a shattercone should contain dozens of
well-defined linations that eminate from a single point, thus making a
cone shape. The best examples from the U.S., come from Kentland
(Indiana) and Sierra Madera (Texas) where they form in limestone rocks.
  Limestone is the best lithology for production of shatercones due to
its small grain size, as compared to sandstones and crystalline rocks
like granite where the grain size is larger.

Matt Morgan