[meteorite-list] David Weir scores in journal Science

From: martinh_at_isu.edu <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:24 2004

Congratulations to David Weir for his picture of Krymka published in the latest issue of the journal Science (13 February 2004). The picture (on page 927) is in an Editor's Choice highlights list pick. Apparently Krymka contains some exotic organic compounds in various forms of graphite-new to science.

I had one of my own pics in Science a while back and consider it an honor. Also, I have a close-up pic of Krymka in a past Accretion Desk article. Here is the link:

http://www.meteoritetimes.com/Back_Links/2002/December/Accretion_Desk.htm

Krymka is pictured at the top of the page.

On another picture note, I have updated the pictures of Worden that I posted yesterday. As it turns out, Matt Morgan was given the copyright to the pics as part of the purchase of the meteorite. Good score Matt! Now the pics have an unmistakable copyright notice on them.

Cheers,

Martin