[meteorite-list] Iranian Fireball Was Of Geophysical Origin

From: Rosemary Hackney <ltcrose_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:22 2004

Hmm.. Charles..
That is an interesting thought, You are right. Volcanoes can throw it up for
sure.
Mt St Helen dust was all over the place down here.

Another thought I had...watch out. That the trinitite was formed in a sandy
area ( White Sands). Elma is in Washington ( sandy ocean beaches) Iran (
open sandy deserts). Is there a common ground here ( no pun ). I have heard
of lightening strikes on the Dunes in Colorado ( sandy mountains) and
fulgurites forms from the fusion. Has there been any analysis between the
geometeorite and fulgurites? or am I stretching here?

Thanks for the thoughts Charles.

Rosie