[meteorite-list] NWA 1195 and NWA 2046

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:22 2004

Dear List Members,

We were asked about what is so unique about the new Martian subgroup named
"Olivine Orthopyroxene Phyric Shergottite" which includes only two members.
For starters the Total Known Weight (TKW) with both members combined is a
mere 378 grams making it the rarest Martian subgroup or main group in
existence. With the new publicity surrounding NWA 1195 and NWA 2046 I can
see why Mike Farmer pulled his NWA 2046 offerings. I believe he was
initially selling this material for $1,500.00 a gram and in our opinion it
is worth at least twice as much. The second rarest Martian Shergottite
subgroup with several times this amount of material is selling for over
$3,000.00 a gram. We are going to run a one time offering next week
honoring current price levels of $1,000.00 a gram on NWA 1195. After this
we too are going to pull NWA 1195 from the market until we can publicly
announce more information concerning both stones.

For your consideration here is the latest abstract concerning this new
subgroup:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2004/pdf/1444.pdf

Wishing everybody the very best,

Adam and Greg Hupe