[meteorite-list] Mundrabilla IAB or IIICD ???????/

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Aug 23 19:50:55 2004

Hello Marcin,

> Im trying to settle what type is Mundrabilla.
> On last Mets A to Z is IAB, but in other sources is IIICD

Actually, I don't guess either is correct any longer. From my website:

Under the taxonomic revision of the IAB complex by Wasson and Kallemeyn
(2002), both Mundrabilla and Waterville plot near the low-Au, low-Ni
subgroup (sLL) with slight deviations. They also share very high (6x)
FeS contents, and are therefore considered to be ungrouped members
constituting a duo of the IAB complex.

In other words, it is in the IAB complex, Mundrabilla duo.

David