[meteorite-list] Meteorite with holes?!?

From: Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 18 07:03:08 2004

G'day List,

Just received what looks like an ordinary chondrite, but the weird thing is
that it is loaded with holes in the surface. The 37g piece has 6 sides of
which every one has some type of hole. They are quite prolific throughout
the whole stone and vary widely in size. I've created a quick page at the
address below if anyone is interested in taking a look. I will probably
slice it at some stage to check out the interior and will post more photos
at that stage. I'd be interested in hearing any comments or theories on this
one as this is the first meteorite I've personally seen with so many holes.

http://www.meteoritesaustralia.com/features/holes.html

Cheers,

Jeff Kuyken
I.M.C.A. #3085