[meteorite-list] field museum photo's

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 14 11:59:44 2004

Yo Steverino,
            Checked out your photos. "Let me know what you think"....OK:
1 - The photo of you by your car on the main page must have been taken with
a low resolution camera & should be replaced.
2 - The Chicago Field Museum photos took a few seconds to download,
and I have cable, so, I suspect you put them up without reducing the pixle
count to 72 in Photoshop or similar program. Remember, a computer monitor
can only display up to 72 pixles/inch and posting to the web or sending
email with a higher count is only increasing band width with NO INCREASE
IN QUALITY (Note: the exception is ONLY when the photo is for printing
purposes - a printer can read and reproduce massively higher quality, but
anything over 72/inch is WASTED on a monitor). Second NOTE: if it takes
a few seconds to download on cable, it is taking non-ultra speed systems
MUCH longer to download - as in several minutes. Not a good thing.
3 - The photo of you next to the Park Forest display would look much better
if it weren't side ways.
        Best wishes, Michael

on 8/13/04 11:09 PM, Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! at steve_arnol60120_at_yahoo.com

--
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=this_land&track=
0&ratingBar=off
--
"It is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a
democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the
bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they
are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."
- Hermann Goering
--
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" I think he probably
meant don't kill them.
           Anonymous
--
For perspective, try THIS:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html
--
cool message fro Ben & Jerry:
www.TrueMajority.org/oreo
--
AMAZING photos of Aurora Borealis, etc.
http://faculty.rmwc.edu/tmichalik/atmosphere.htm
--
Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
http://www.costofwar.com/